Founded in 1988, the National Concrete Bridge Council (NCBC) is comprised of the eight national organizations:
- Portland Cement Association
- Precast Prestressed Concrete Institute
- National Ready Mixed Concrete Assocation
- American Segmental Bridge Institute
- Expanded Shale Clay and Slate Institute
- Concrete Reinforced Steel Institute
- Wire Reinforcement Institute
- Post-Tensioning Institute
The objectives of NCBC are to:
- Promote quality in concrete bridge construction
- Gather and disseminate information on design, construction, and condition of concrete bridges
- Establish communication with federal and state departments of transportation, city and county public works departments, and consulting engineers, and
- Provide information on behalf of the concrete industries to codes and standards groups.
In September 1997, NCBC signed a “cooperative agreement” with FHWA to assist in transfer of HPC technology for bridges developed under SHRP. HPC Bridge Views is one of the products of this agreement.
Concrete Bridge Views is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration